WINS-ICT “Western Balkan Countries Inco-Net Support in the field of ICT” is an initiative funded by the EC 7th Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development under the ICT theme of the Cooperation Programme.
As a support action, WINS-ICT intends to strengthen S&T cooperation between the EU and the Western Balkan countries by deepening the bi-regional strategic relations in the ICT field and promoting the participation of WB ICT researchers in FP 7.
The specific objectives of the WINS-ICT project are to:
- 1Provide comprehensive understanding of the current framework of EU-WBC ICT RTD policies and RTD collaboration, realizing a one-stop information point directed both towards researchers and policy makers in the Western Balkans as well as the Member States of European Union.
- Optimize the policy framework and research collaboration by addressing the relevant stakeholders, using the contacts that the carefully selected project partners can provide.
- Support the building of sustainable networks between innovative WBC ICT researchers and their EU counterparts with regard to collaboration in the 7th Framework Programme and in ICT Priority in particular.
- Enhance the capacities and capabilities of WBC researchers to successfully participate and compete in the Framework Programme on equal terms with the Member States, enabling them to take on the challenge to submit their own project ideas as coordinators.
- ZSI – Austria
- TESEO – Belgium
- GRNET – Greece
- ZENIT- Germany
- TUBITAK – Turkey
- SC IPA SA – Romania
- Croatian Chamber of Economy – Croatia
- Central European Initiative – Italy
- Ministry of Telecommunications – Serbia
- CIVET – Albania
- EXIT- Bosnia&Herzegovina
- BOS – Serbia
- MASIT – Macedonia
All details regarding project activities can be found at http://wins-ict.archiv.zsi.at/ and https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/231648.